Ascentech Services Limited is a full-fledged Human Resource Solution Provider incorporated in 2013 with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria. We are committed to forging long-term partnerships with our clients by creating and delivering robust and flexible services that address the changing needs of their business.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Safety Engineer (Construction)
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Industry / Sector: ConstructionJob Responsibilities
- Continuous inspection of project sites to ensure a hazard-free environment.
- Responding to workers safety concerns
- Manage all communications with government departments in regards of safety
- Coordinate all issues regarding hazardous materials or waste.
- Assessment and approval of subcontractor safety plans.
- Verification of tools and equipment to ensure good quality.
- Promoting safe practices on site.
- Creating and enforcing safety guidelines and programs.
- Carrying out drills and exercises on managing emergency situations.
- Conducting investigations on accidents.
- Verifying that all safety reports are submitted to related government institutions.
- Assisting with the preparation of a construction health and safety plan.
- Attending project planning meetings and collaborating with production construction Manager.
- Establishing and maintaining health and safety communication structures.
- Testing effectiveness of site emergency response plans.
- Continuous monitoring of all safety related documents, reports and issues to keep them updated.
Requirement & Educational Qualification
- Minimum qualification BSc / HND Civil /Building Tech.
- Minimum possess 5 years experience as a Safety Engineer in a construction company.
- Professional qualifications in ISO 9001: 2015, CSWIP, AWS, NACE.
- Have ISPON Level 3 or other relevant certification.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job position as the subject of the email.