The Pharm Access Group is an international non-profit organization dedicated to improving access to quality health care for people in sub-Saharan Africa. PharmAccess' integrated approach addresses both the demand and supply side of the health care system and uses the opportunities that mobile technology and data present to leapfrog development in health markets in sub-Saharan Africa. PharmAccess has a multi-disciplinary team of experts with competencies in demand-side financing and health insurance scheme design for low-income groups (Health Plans), regulatory support and improvement (SafeCare), business improvement and financing of healthcare enterprises (Medical Credit Fund).
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Quality Manager
Job Location: Ilorin, Kwara
Employment Type: Full-time
- As Quality Manager, you will work on the development of SafeCare's proposition, products and services to strengthen the supply of better health care services in Nigeria.
- Our initiatives are aimed at equipping healthcare providers with the clinical and business tools and skills to improve the quality of care to patients, health care providers, investors and funders alike.
- You will assist with building a network of trusted public and private health care providers by helping to develop and implement innovative value propositions, making use of new technologies to strengthen their business and clinical performance.
- Work as a member of the Quality team on PharmAccess health care supply-related activities and initiatives in Nigeria;
- Develop and strengthen a network of trusted providers, introducing and implementing products and services to strengthen their quality and business;
- Train government and private sector partners on SafeCare Standards and improvement methodology as Quality Assessors and Facilitators
- Conduct and review SafeCare Accreditation and Certification Assessments, including entry, review and reporting of assessment data;
- Support the development and implementation of quality Improvement plans for health facilities:
- Train facility quality Improvement teams on the use of the Quality platform and other digital tools and databases
- Facilitate quality trainings and provide technical assistance to government, health providers and implementing partners including external Assessors and Facilitators:
- Continuous review of all ongoing programs and tools. suggesting updates and improvements from lessons learned and best practices.
- Identify and harness new opportunities and clients for SafeCare products and services - Accreditation, Rating and Self-assessment tools and Quality Platform
- Maintain the Group's reputational capital with new contacts and existing clients
- Support proposal development and grant writing for new clients and projects
- Support the expansion the white label / licensing approach for organizations in Nigeria such as NHIS, State Health Insurance Agencies and private sector partners (HMOS and other aggregators);
- Represent PharmAccess at meetings, learning collaborative networks and as a technical expert on healthcare quality assurance and improvement;
Monitoring and Evaluation (including Research):
- Conduct bi-annual situational analyses of the facilities, capture and review the data;
- Periodic monitoring of quality improvement plans implementation progress against targets:
- Contribute to tracking of key performance Indicators for SafeCare and projects Support research and evaluation studies in Nigeria
Qualification & Requirements
- Medical Degree, preferably combined with a public health or business degree e.g. MPH, MBA
- At least 10 years work experience in clinical health settings and/or development sector
- Good knowledge of quality improvement approaches in healthcare and data management processes
- Capable of interacting professionally and constructively with donors, government, development partners, facility owners and managers, clinic staff and others
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Ability to work effectively with different professional cadres within Government and the private sector
- Proven planning and coordination skills with an eye for detail;
- Critical thinking, research and proposal writing skills;
- Computer literacy including use of Microsoft, Office suite, databases and web applications;
- Awareness of relevant trends and new (mobile) Qu technologies in healthcare;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English:
- Ability to travel frequently (50% or more domestic travel).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a one-page Cover Letter describing why they are interested in the position and how they are the ideal candidate for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org using "Quality Manager, Kwara" as the subject of the email.