Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to over 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of 4.8 million farmers. Through our purpose to 'Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems', Olam aims to address the many challenges involved in meeting the needs of a growing global population, while achieving positive impact for farming communities, our planet and all our stakeholders. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, Olam currently ranks among the top 30 largest primary listed companies in terms of market capitalisation on SGX-ST
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Maintenance Engineer
Job Location: Lagos
Key Performance Matrices include:
- Optimize utilization of processing and quality resources in the country to derive maximum capacity utilization and efficiencies and to eliminate controllable losses and minimize the impact of non-controllable losses
- Manage external contractors in a cost effective manner - seek to challenge their costs and performance to ensure cost effective yet quality service.
- Through managers, maintain and administer all personnel records and systems relating to employees (excluding records of sickness, absenteeism and holidays, recorded in the General Office).
- Maintain and monitor processes in respect of breakdown and performance. (Running hours; kW/t; capacity per hour against set targets. (KPI) React to variances.
- Ensure hygiene standards in all areas are maintained to the highest standards at a minimum above those required by BRC.
- Through respective managers, ensure the safe keeping of all company agreements, financial instruments etc.
- Ensure the Health and Safety of all subordinates within Company guidelines and current legislation.
- Ensure all functional management are aware of the correct codes of practice, both statutory and advisory, that govern accepted standards of safe operation at all premises. Ensure production plant causes the minimum of dust and noise both internally and externally.
- By regular site inspection and training, ensure full employee awareness of safe working practices and their role in maintaining the required standards. (ongoing exercise)
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, QEHS, HACCP related certification
- Job related courses and training
- 8 + years experience of handling maintenance, utilities and projects in several jobs as Mechanical/Electrical engineer and project related management. Preferably flour milling, pasta processing or any other food processing industry.
- Olam is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nationality, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Applicants are requested to complete all required steps in the application process including providing a Resume / CV in order to be considered for open roles