BolloreTransport & Logistics Nigeria was established in 1961. Our national headquarters is located in Lagos. In addition to the major ports of Lagos and Port Harcourt, Bollore Transport & Logistics Nigeria has operations throughout the country, including in the capital of Abuja
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Procurement Manager
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-timeJob Summary
- Formulation, implementation and monitoring of procurement policies, procedures and processes aimed at the effective, efficient and transparent achievement of Bollore’s strategic objectives, cost and wastage reduction, and vendor/supplier engagement
- Partnership with cost centre owners and functional heads to efficiently and effectively maximize the value they receive from suppliers to meet their objectives.
- Working with business units to drive centralized direct and indirect sourcing and procurement efforts.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Head the Procurement Unit:
- Develop and institutionalise the Procurement function of BTLN
- Responsible for Procurement planning and direction while managing the central procurement activities of the BTNL
- Formalise procurement processes and communicate clearly with all HODs and budget holders Generate short, middle and long-term savings and follow them up with KPIs
- Generate relevant reports to the Finance Director and CEO on purchasing, controls and processes.
Develop systems, processes and SOPs:
- Build a team with the capability to drive procurement processes across the organisation
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and processes to maintain the economy and efficiency of operations
- Advise on and ensure compliance with procurement procedures and processes
- Set up a user-friendly framework to manage all purchases (from preparation bid/tender documents, receipt and analysis of offers, the appointment of suppliers, coordination of acceptance tests with technical teams, etc.)
- Driving procurement Processes and Activities
- Liaise with heads of user departments to determine their procurement requirements
- Prepare bid documents, tenders and recommend procurement approach and methods Communicate with suppliers in matters relating to the placement of orders and responding to their inquiries
- Prepares and issues purchase orders; determines and negotiates prices, delivery and credit terms; buys according to established company policies and procedures; maintains accurate purchasing records.
- Evaluate inventory reorder levels and quantity price breaks to determine the most economical purchasing of inventory and supplies in relation to the company's cost of capital.
- Analyse and qualify suppliers in accordance with the Company’s policy. Maintain a list of prequalified suppliers for the range of Company goods, services and works
- Responsible for efficient purchasing of inventory, supplies and capital equipment for the company. Receives purchase requisitions and verifies for accuracy and authorization(s).
- Sources new vendors when necessary.
- Responsible for evaluating, assessing and selecting vendors based on capabilities, performance and consistent quality assurance.
- Maintains rapport and good working relationships with vendors; keeps accurate vendor records.
- Performs other purchasing or inventory control duties as necessary or as requested.
- Implement change and develop new processes to better procure goods and services.
- Analyse market and delivery trends to develop procurement technologies and processes that support those trends.
- Identify areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results.
- Review current processes for procurement and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Any other job that may be assigned that falls within your job capabilities.
Targets and Goals:
- % of Cost Savings Delivered vs. Budget
- % of Contract compliance by Suppliers
- % POT (Payment on Time) Achieved
- No. of Procurement Committee meetings.
Experience & Qualifications
- A minimum of a First Degree or its equivalent
- At least 8 years experience in Procurement, Sourcing or Purchasing in a reputable organisation
- Professional certification in Purchasing and Supply Management
- Proven track record of customer and efficient resource management.
Skills and Attitude:
- Good organisation skills
- Strong Leadership skills
- Team player
- Negotiation Skills
- Planning and Budgeting
- Procurement Management
- Supplier Management
- Financial Acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft tools.
Job Position: Cost Controller
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-timeMain Tasks and Responsibilities
- Build & adapt process & organizations
- Developing and maintaining reporting and budget procedures (6 companies)
- Inform his/her management of any information relevant regarding our business activity or environment (rate variation, a new contract with customers)
- Identify issues raised during operations processing whatever in his scope
- Update and follow reporting database on a monthly basis
- Update on a monthly basis the follow up of the provision for all entities and all trades Comment the NWC variation on a monthly basis
- Compute the tax on a monthly basis
- Communicate the GM to management on a weekly basis
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported Improving efficiencies and reducing costs across the business
- Innovation & Continuous Improvement
- Create new templates and follow up based on the feedback received from headquarter and local management “Thinking out of the box”; looking for new ways to address old problems.
- 100% of monthly GM reports send on 1st day of the week before 9 a.m.
- Database updated for monthly report J+1.5 based on HQ deadlines
- 100% of NWC comments send to HQ J+3
- Controls that Balance sheet accounts are correctly matched and cleared on a monthly basis Monthly reporting sent on J+3'
- Business software functions (Osiris, Shuttle, Spot, Alfa, Ipaki, Iris, Maximo) & reports.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years in accounting / financial Analysis / business analysis/ internal audit / statutory audit
- ACA or equivalent
- Very Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communicator.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job position as the subject of the mail.