PTDF stands for Petroleum Technology Development Fund. It is the Federal Government agency having the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry. The Fund invites applications from qualified Nigerians to apply for the 2021/22 Undergraduate, Masters and PhD scholarships for students in Nigerian Federal Universities.
Method of application
Online application form can be accessed from the PTDF SCHOLARSHIP MANAGEMENT PORTAL: scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng Instructions and Guidelines on how to access the application form is stated on the PTDF Scholarship Management Portal (scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng)
It is advised that applicants read through the requirements thoroughly before proceeding with the application process.
APPLICANTS ARE TO NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- They must have a National Identity Number (NIN) before applying for the scholarship. Applicants are to note that they will be required to verify their NIN before proceeding with the application (NIMC verification charges apply).
- Applicants who have benefitted from any of the PTDF scholarships in the past cannot apply for the same or lower category of degree.
- Applicants who are beneficiaries of any other scholarship need not apply.
- Application is restricted to Federal Universities and for specific courses only.
- Possession of valid admission letter into the University is mandatory for all applicants.
- Postgraduate applicant’s admission letter should be within a validity period of 12 months (2019/2020 or 2020/2021 session).
- Postgraduate applicants who meet the requirements shall be shortlisted for interviews before final selection of successful candidates.
- Undergraduate applicants must have completed their first year and are currently in their second year of studies.
- Only undergraduate applicants undertaking studies in oil and gas related fields (as advertised) will be considered and the final selection shall be based on grades on their transcripts (transcripts must be signed and stamped by HOD/Exams Officer or any authorized staff).
- Admission for part-time studies shall not be considered for all categories of applications.
- The scholarship is highly competitive, and merit driven. Selection of candidates shall be based on equitable representation of the 36 States of the Federation and FCT.
CRITERIA, REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION PROCESS FOR INCOUNTRY SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME (ISS) POSTGRADUATE:
A selection panel will be constituted by the fund to assess applications using the following criteria.
- Academic merit as evidenced by quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired and relevant publications to be referenced by applicants.·
- Membership of professional bodies.
- The viability of the study/research plan (PhD applicants only)·
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate (MSC) applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose stating the reason(s) they wish to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the industry and its expected impact on national development.·
- While PhD applicants are required to submit a research proposal of not more than 6 pages to include topic, introduction, literature review, research question(s), novelty, methodology, mode of data collection(s), expected outcome(s), relevance to the industry and appropriate references.
DOCUMENTS TO BE UPLOADED BY POST GRADUATE APPLICANTS:
Applicants are required to scan copies of the documents listed below and attach to their online application forms. Please note that all documents must be in pdf except your passport picture and must be in the right file sizes as indicated in the portal:
- First Degree Certificates or Statement of Results
- NYSC Certificate or letter of exemption
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO Result(s)
- Admission Letter (2019/2020 or 2020/2021 session)
- Personal Statement
- Certificate of indigene ship (evidence of state of origin and local government)
Additional scanned documents required from PhD applicants:
- Second Degree Certificates or Statement of Results
- PhD research proposal (The proposal template can be accessed via the applicants profile on the PTDF Scholarship Management Portal)
PhD RESEARCH AREAS:
PhD research areas have been provided to enable applicants chose areas of research (Please see research areas on the PTDF SCHOLARSHIP PORTAL (scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng)
DEADLINES FOR APPLICATION:
Application will open from Monday July 5 to Friday August 13, 2021 (6 weeks)